ClassiCorps is a highly-selective three-year program designed for recent college graduates and career changers seeking to enter the teaching profession. It offers a bright start to a teaching career and an opportunity for immediate impact. Our highly structured model provides support for new teachers that allows you to quickly develop into professional educators.
How does it work?
- The program starts in June, when you receive initial training and supervised classroom experience.
- When the school year starts, you begin as a full teacher, rapidly improving your practice through in-school training and graduate courses at Relay Graduate School of Education.
- In years 1 and 2, Classical Charter Schools pays a salary comparable to first year Department of Education teachers, plus the cost of the graduate program.
- After earning your Master’s in Teaching, you enter your third year as a Certified, Highly Qualified, and highly skilled Classical Charter Schools teacher, receiving an annual salary of at least $70,000.
Read about what it’s like to teach at Classical Charter Schools.
Who we’re looking for
ClassiCorps members are recent college graduates or career changers who
- Have little to no previous teaching experience.
- Are ready to jumpstart their career in education, committing at least three years to teaching at our schools.
- Demonstrate a track record of high achievement and alignment with our mission.
Education majors and non-education majors are encouraged to apply.
You may also be interested in
The Associate Teacher Fellowship, a selective one-year program designed for recent college graduates of all backgrounds or teachers new to a high-performing charter setting. Less of a long-term commitment than the ClassiCorps Program, the Associate Teacher Program transforms you into a highly effective teacher and puts you on track for lead positions in future years.
Tips for applicants
Last year, we accepted only the top 2.5% of applicants into the ClassiCorps program. Here’s how to improve your chances of acceptance:
- Show us why we’re a good match. We want to know both why you think this program is right for you and why you’re right for this program. Convey this in your application and be ready to talk about it in your interview.
- Do your research. Be familiar with our mission, core values and approach.
- Revise and edit your application materials carefully. Our teachers strive for excellence in everything they do. Show us you do, too.