Associate Teacher Fellowship
The Associate Teacher Fellowship is a selective one-year program designed for recent college graduates of all backgrounds or teachers new to a high-performing charter setting. It offers Associate Teachers support to develop your skills and the opportunity to make a difference in a kindergarten classroom. The program is structured around growth—putting you and your scholars on the track to excellence. Successful Associate Teachers become Lead Teachers the following year.
How does it work?
- The program starts in August, when you receive two weeks of professional development to assimilate to Classical Charter Schools methodology and culture.
- When the school year starts, you share the responsibilities of a Kindergarten classroom with a lead teacher, rapidly improving your practice through in-school training and development from your lead teacher, grade team leader, and instructional coach.
- Classical Charter Schools offers a competitive salary and full benefits package while providing training that transforms you into a top-notch charter school teacher.
- Upon successful completion of the year, Classical Charter Schools offers opportunities for lead teaching positions.
Read about what it’s like to teach at Classical Charter Schools.
Who we’re looking for
Associate Teachers may be new to teaching, or experienced teachers new to the high-achieving charter school setting. Applicants of all backgrounds must demonstrate a track record of high achievement and alignment with our mission. Education majors and non-education majors are encouraged to apply.
Tips for applicants
The Associate Teacher Program is very selective because our scholars deserve the best. Here’s how to improve your chances of acceptance:
- Show us why we’re a good match. We want to know both why you think this program is right for you and why you’re right for this program. Convey this in your application and be ready to talk about it in your interview.
- Do your research. Be familiar with our mission, core values and approach.
- Revise and edit your application materials carefully. Our teachers strive for excellence in everything they do. Show us you do, too.